Under Construction

Friday, August 6, 2010

Guest Post: Fellow Blogger, Misha

Today, I would like to introduce you to Misha from My Love Affair with Books, a new YA blogger from India. She has agreed to do a guest post so all of you can get to know her! Thanks, Misha!

I am Misha, 20 years old, from New Delhi, India. I have just joined the community of book bloggers.


I have loved stories since I was 6 years old. My parents were book lovers and they used to make up stories for me.I refused to eat, until I was told a story. It used to drive my nanny mad, I remember lol. When I couldn't read myself, my parents would read to me even though they were both working and busy . That is how my love for books developed. My first book was a book of fairy tales with beautiful pictures. I still have it with me, though it is in a bad condition since my sister tried to experiment with it when she was 3!

Being an introvert all my life, books were my favorite companions. As a child, I would not even go out to play. haha. Apart from reading books, I love collecting (to be more precise..hoarding!) books. I was glad to find I am not the only one who has no control when it comes to books.

I have been going through so many great book blogs these past few months. I already have been rating and reviewing books on my GoodReads account and I was greatly motivated to start my own blog. At first I was quite intimidated because there are so many amazing book bloggers out there. In the end I couldn't resist it any longer.

I started blogging mainly because I felt that no one around me shared my passion for books or for the kind of books I liked. I am capable of talking non-stop about anything related to books and my friends would tire of that. My blog is my platform for my ramblings about books.I would love to interact with others like me. I believe it will be a great learning experience.

Being a blogger in India has its disadvantages too. Most giveaways are not international, so it is disappointing sometimes. Also new books aren't available till months afterwards.Moreover publishers aren't willing to ship books, at least in print format. Despite these, I am enjoying blogging till now. It has been just about 4 days since I started my blog, but I am loving it.

Earlier I would only read literary fiction and historical fiction. It was because of reading blogs that my interests widened. Now I love YA fiction too. In fact for the past few weeks I have been only reading YA. I plan to post many YA reviews in the upcoming weeks. Other genres which I like are gothic mystery/romance, fantasy and magical realism.My list of favorite books is endless. But some of my favorites are Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant, House at Riverton by Kate Morton, Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, Atonement by Ian McEwan, Oystercatchers by Susan Fletcher, Lord Of the Rings trilogy and all books by Joyce Carol Oates, Anne Tyler and Carol Goodman. Actually I could go on and on.

I will be posting reviews 2-3 times a week, at least I will try my best. Even if I am not able to post a detailed review, I will at least post a short review along with rating. I will also review books which readers request from my TBR pile (which is growing at an alarming rate due to my obsessive book buying , and will soon start to resemble the Leaning Tower Of Pisa).My sister, Maxine,who is 16 , will also be posting reviews from time to time. I was thinking of starting 2 new memes - "Treasured Tuesday" in which I will feature a favorite book that I "treasure" a lot and "Friday Fantasize" where I will post the books - released/unreleased- that I am wishing for..Further I would love to have guestposts (about anything related to books) and guest reviews (any genre).You can be a blogger/nonblogger, it doesn't matter, all you have to be is a book lover.

Apart from books, my interests are music, dancing, movies,web designing, feminism,pencil shading, randomly talking about nothing in particular, laughing at my own jokes and daydreaming 24/7.

I am currently pursuing MA(Psychology). I want to specialize in Organizational Behavior, which is a branch of Psychology. My career interest is in HRM(Human Resource Management). My biggest dream, however, is to have my own library, one day.

Thank you for giving me a chance.I look forward to sharing "My Love Affair With Books."

Misha

http://books-love-affair.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

 
09 10