Under Construction

Sunday, April 3, 2011

CSN Stores Review - Milk Frother

Do you remember when I did that teaser post about my CSN Stores milk frother review? Well, I intended to write the review and post it long before now but between the holidays, being sick with winter colds, and the start of my new classes for school I just haven't found time. Until now...



The Cuisinox 27 oz. Cappuccino frother is a wonderful addition to anybody's kitchen. Especially if you like hot milky drinks. All you have to do is pour however much milk, hot chocolate, or whatever you want frothed into the stainless steel frother and set it on the stove. As it heats, you use this little plunger that is attached to some kind of netting-wire thing that aerates the milk.

I've found that heating the milk first and then frothing it, however, is the best way to go. If you don't and you just put it in the little frother its hard to tell when the milk is hot enough. Taking the lid on and off while frothing causes a sticky, milky-burned mess on the stove-top.

And that brings me to my problem with the lid in general. The little rod that is connected to the aerator goes through the lid, and you use it as a little pump. So when you pull the lid up, you pull the dripping aerator up as well. That is problem enough in and of itself, but the worst part is that there isn't any kind of lock or very good suction on the lid. So in order to pump the plunger up and down you have to put your other hand on the lid to keep it from popping up and down too. When you've got it on the stove or with nearly-boiling milk inside, that stainless steel lid gets pretty hot.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing this things, but remember; This is a good review. I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into before you buy it. Its a lot more work to make that delicious, steaming bunch of froth than I thought it was going to be.

Now, onto the delicious steamy froth! It is just that fluffy, light, and wonderful. It may not be of the Starbucks quality, but it adds at least 3 in. of foamy goodness to your favorite drink. Which, by the way, is very comforting on a blustery winter/spring day.

That's all I have to say for now, other than that ordering from CSN Stores is always an absolute pleasure. I have to make it a point not to look at the website very often. Its kind of like avoiding the stores you know you'll buy alot of stuff at on impulse in the mall. Only, its way bigger than that store in the mall...

Click here to check out the Cuisinox 27 oz Cappuccino Frother on CSNStores.com!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seams so cute. I want one :)

Gina said...

Sounds like you had fun with this one. Gotta love the variety this site offers. ^_^

 
09 10