Under Construction

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday!

Good day to you all! Hopefully, where you are it isn't too cold. Maybe even the sun is shining. I'm so sick of rain myself. The sun has been fighting valiantly to break through the gathering clouds to day, and I assure you, I have been cheering him on!

Anyway, today's WoW is really cool. Why? Because. I love any thing involving Native Americans, and I like ghosts. Not literally, of course. I've just recently discovered them in YA horror, and I think they rock. This book, The Revenant Sonia Gensler has both!





"When Willie arrives in Indian Territory, she knows only one thing: no one can find out who she really is. To escape a home she doesn't belong in anymore, she assumes the name of a former classmate and accepts a teaching job at the Cherokee Female Seminary.

Nothing prepares her for what she finds there. Her pupils are the daughters of the Cherokee elite—educated and more wealthy than she, and the school is cloaked in mystery. A student drowned in the river last year, and the girls whisper that she was killed by a jealous lover. Willie's room is the very room the dead girl slept in. The students say her spirit haunts it.

Willie doesn't believe in ghosts, but when strange things start happening at the school, she isn't sure anymore. She's also not sure what to make of a boy from the nearby boys' school who has taken an interest in her—his past is cloaked in secrets. Soon, even she has to admit that the revenant may be trying to tell her something. . . ."-Goodreads


Pretty cool, right? And isn't the cover gorgeous and striking in a seriously creepy kind of way?


The Revenant will release June 14th by Knopf!


To pre-order The Revenant by Sonia Gensler from Amazon.com, please click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the book cove.

I will add this on my wish list...

YA Book Queen said...

This one sounds great, awesome choice! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I agree that the premise sounds intriguing and the cover art is eerily beautiful!

(Arya) Paige said...

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you liked it! (:

 
09 10