Under Construction

Thursday, March 4, 2010

For Keeps by Natasha Friend


For Keeps by Natasha Friend 2 of 5 stars.

For sixteen years, Josie Gardner and her mom, Kate, have been a team. It's been the Garder Girls against the world, and that's how Josie likes it. Until one day, in the pet-food aisle of Shop-Co, they run into the parents of Paul Tucci, Kate's high school boyfriend--the father Josie has never met. If Mr. and Mrs. Tucci are back in town, it's only a matter of time until Paul shows up.
Suddenly Josie's mature, capable mother regresses to the heartbroken teenager she was when Paul moved away. Meanwhile her free-loving best friend Liv begins yet another no-strings-attached fling.
When Josie learns some surprising truths about Paul Tucci, she finds herself questioning what she's always believed about her parents--and about herself.

For Keeps was not a badly written book. But I can't say I particularly liked it. Natasha Friend's story of a girl meeting her long-lost father just didn't spark for me. It wasn't what I would call original, it wasn't funny enough to hold my attention. I'm simply not into this genre. The whole, modern teenager worried about their latest parent and boy issue doesn't sit well with me. I see it too much, it makes me restless. But if you like this genre and plot type I'd say go for it. The writings not horrid or mindless, its actually very good in spots, but not my type.

For fans of: Chick-lit

0 comments:

 
09 10