Under Construction

Monday, March 15, 2010

In My Mailbox

WOW! Today has been a day. And in case you were wondering, shopping while sick is absolutely horrendous. Though shopping for anything that doesn't involve books usually is. Well, I was able to go to the bookstore 60 miles from here today and I must say I was surprised and quite pleased. While I still shudder at the cost of books, I was glad to see how many YA novels were now in stock. It looks like the barrier has really been broken. We went from having a handful of the bestsellers and a load of vampire/Twilight stuff, to hundreds of absolutely wonderful books! I'm proud. =)


Any way, today, on my limited fund, I was able to purchase these two:

Rampant by Diana Peterfund

I've been dying to get my hands on this book since it came out. I love the fact that they used the more traditional view of unicorns as deadly. I'm hoping it will be an exciting twist from some of the more subdued thing I've been reading lately.

Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater

I've been dying to read this one as well. Especially, since reading Shiver the other day. Maggie Stiefvater is such an amazing talent, and I've got a feeling I'm going to love this book!

Upon arriving home today, I was also bombarded by these lovelies in the mail:

The Heart is Not a Size by Beth Kephart

I didn't request this book but it looks totally awesome. And such a beautiful cover!

House of Dance by Best Kephart

Another lovely Beth Kephart surprise! I hope I like this one as well. The synopsis reminds me a bit of by beloved Eva Ibbotson, only more modern.

and

Little Vampire Women by Louisa May Alcott and Lynn Messina
(Cover Art Not Released)
This was a more unpleasant surprise. If you know me at all you know that I don't try to hide my disgust for the crazy classics-gone-paranormal fad. I find it completely distasteful and I absolutely will not be reading or reviewing this book. But, I also know how bloodthirsty some of you are so I'm going to be throwing this into a hoard of other vampire things I've been gathering for an AWESOMELY HUGE giveaway soon. =)

Much love,
Arya

1 comments:

Alexis said...

O I wanted to read Ballad! Lament was a great book, and so was Rampant.

 
09 10